Join us for Clean Convergence 2019 and put the power of “Clean” to work for you!
Clean Convergence is just what the name implies – it is the convergence of global Clean Language trainers and participants gathering for the purpose of learning and skills development in Clean Language Methodologies. Lets just call it GOOD CLEAN FUN!
We all know that there are many models available for working with others – yet none so powerful as Clean Language and Symbolic Modeling. “Clean” is a methodology that works directly with the symbols of a persons mind and language.
In the last 25 years the research of many neuro-scientists, cognitive scientists and cognitive linguists have converged to form a new understanding about the way the human mind works. They have identified four key findings:
1. Metaphor is far more common in everyday language than had previously been realized. It is nearly impossible to describe internal states, abstract ideas and complex notions without using metaphor.
2. Usually neither speaker nor listener is aware of the metaphors being used.
3. Metaphor is more than a linguistic device; it is central to the way people think, make sense of the world and make decisions.
4. Metaphors are not used arbitrarily. They are mostly drawn from how people experience their body and how they interact with their environment.
Through the clinical and coaching experience of Penny Tompkins & James Lawley, described in Metaphors in Mind: Transformation through Symbolic Modeling, they add four findings of their own:
1. While people often make use of common metaphors and clichés, the moment these are explored (with Clean Language) they become idiosyncratic and unique to the individual.
2. An individual’s use of metaphor has a coherent logic that is consistent over time.
3. Once a person settles on a particular metaphorical perspective there are logical consequences that follow, and result in behavior that is consistent with the metaphor.
4. When a person’s basic metaphor changes so does their view of the world, the decisions they make and the actions they take.
Read the full article online:
We are excited to share this opportunity with you!
Join Penny Tompkins, James Lawley, Gina Campbell and myself at Clean Convergence 2019